"You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already
know.You'll get mixed up with many strange birds
as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with
care and great tact and remember that life's a
great balancing act. Just never forget to be
dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right
foot with your left. And will you succeed? Yes!
You will, indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.
Kid, you'll move mountains." - Dr. Suess

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's Next?

On Friday the 13th, 2011 I proudly walked across the Thompson Bowling Arena stage while holding my new diploma! After I crossed the stage, this lady told me to smile. So I smiled and they took a picture. Then she told me to go back and sit in my seat. So that is what I did. I graduated! After the ceremony, my mom told me to eat lunch. So I ate. After lunch though, my family dropped me off at my house. After they left I walked into my house and there was nobody there to tell me what to do next. No teachers telling me to write a paper. No coaches telling me to practice anything. No pastors telling me sign up for church camp. No siblings telling me to play. No guidance counselor or advisor telling me what to apply to next. And there were certainly no companies telling me come work for them. It was just me. Allison, Laine, and Lindsey all went to my room and just kinda sat together for a few minutes pondering "what's next?"


During that moment I realized that my ENTIIIIIRE life has consisted of me just working towards what the next thing is supposed to be. American culture and people who are important in my life are the ones who always told me what is next and I just always kind of did it. But now, it's like, I get to decide what is next. That was really intimidating for about a week or so but now I am more excited about it...

SOOoOoOoo.. What is next??? I don't know. But here are some places that you might see me in the near or far future...

I might possibly ..........

Open up a nursing home with the hopes of redefining the later years of life. There will be paintball courses, dogs, facepainting, and virtual rollercoasters. I am kind of joking but kind of not...


Go to the moon! This was much more likely and much more seriously thought out until NASA came to a hault. However, if the opportunity presents itself, I am easily in. Ahhhh.. I get chills just thinking about it! I mean, think about it. Think about seeing the entire earth in one eyesight...
look how it just floats in space. that is a heavy ball to just float there


Open up a grocery store. If you are nice to me then I will give you a job or a discount on grapes. If you are interested in investing then please feel free to call me...


Start breeding dogs.. No I probably won't do that...
aw


Go to massage school??! I just thought of that one...


Come up with a new sport. It would be a mixture of tennis and soccer...


Start a cooking therapy company for children. You hear about art therapy and horseback riding therapy. Baking therapy would be awesome! Explaining to kids that different parts of life make up the big picture would go along great with explaining that different parts of a recipe make up a muffin! yummay ...


Leave America for a while. 3 months in the Philippines still affects me almost daily. What if i spent even more time somewhere that could somehow use my help??? hmhmhmMM ...


Go to graduate school to get my masters in psychological counseling. Get married at age 25 to a guy who is my best friend and is really strong. Have a dog and a goldfish and a hammock and a big front yard. Grill out with my family and throw frisbee with Maxwell (the dog) every night. Get my PhD. Solve world hunger. Retire at age 50 and celebrate by exploring the pyramids with my husband who I still fall in love with more each day... That could happen.. right??!

So what happens next? Who knows?? Not me! Time will only tell..

-What the L

No comments:

Post a Comment