"You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already
know.You'll get mixed up with many strange birds
as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with
care and great tact and remember that life's a
great balancing act. Just never forget to be
dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right
foot with your left. And will you succeed? Yes!
You will, indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.
Kid, you'll move mountains." - Dr. Suess

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Sweet Life


As some of you may or may not know, I, along with a couple others (hey Rudy and Mary!), gave up sweets for the year of 2011. Here November is, and we are all still going strong! Has it been hard? Not horribly. Has it been annoying? A little. Did I think I would make it this long? Not really. So, it’s possible? YEAH!  This post isn’t to make me look cool because I haven’t had a cookie in a while... because it really wasn’t that hard after a month or so. And it’s not to encourage you to cut out desserts completely… cause, like, eat what you want! But it is to say that thinking of alternatives is kind of fun!

Red velvet cake with friends is too good. Ice cream is always fun. Candy is tasty and convenient. Cheesecake is from Heaven. Warm gooey cookies, nothing compares. Smore’s, a common comfort food. Puppy chow, there is nothing better. Funfetti icing, oh my gosh!

Typing that previous paragraph has been the hardest part of the year so far.  However, I am here to share with you all an alternate paragraph that serves just as valid of a point.

Walking with friends is too good. Smoothies are always fun. Coffee is tasty and convenient. Peanut butter is from Heaven. Watermelon, nothing compares. Sweet potatoes, a common comfort food. Bananas + strawberries + honey, there is nothing better. Not even missing dessert, oh my gosh!

Saying no to frozen yogurt was tough at first
I have always had the mindset that sweets were somewhat of a necessity for social settings. This year though, I have learned that is not true at all. Sometimes when my friends and I would get bored, we would just bake random creations… which is fun!.. but there are other alternatives too..  Going walking with friends is wonderful quality time. The good old fashioned coffee date is quality time too.  Honey, even though some may argue is a sweet, is a delicious fix for when you are just kind of wanting something sweet. Desserts are great and fun, but I have learned that they need to be more of a special occasion kind of thing instead of a fall back past time for me. 

The Easter Bunny was so cooperative.
I cant wait to eat some puppy chow on January 1st. I feel rude when I am over at someone’s house and don’t eat a treat they made. The upcoming holidays will be testing at times. BUT there is always an alternative. Instead of strawberry cupcakes, just eat strawberries. Or instead of peanut butter cookies, just eat peanut butter! (refer to my peanut butter and jelly post if you want to talk about peanut butter more)

No chocolate pie for Thanksgiving?...

-What the L

No comments:

Post a Comment